Frequently Asked Questions
What if my computer is broken and it can’t be fixed?
Sometimes, if there is serious damage to your computer, it’s a better investment to buy a new one than to pay for a repair. If we find that’s the case, you can utilise the technician’s time to back up your data and then have the technician come back to transfer it to a new computer and help you set it up instead.
Why is there a extra charge for same day service?
Repair jobs are served on a first come first serve basis, so if you want your service completed on the same day we have to reorder our workflow to also cater for your system. While we try to be efficient as possible adding your system on the same day will increase and may even exceed our average repair time for most systems, so to factor the increased workload an extra fee is applied on top of your initial service change.
What happens if I’m not happy with the service?
Customer satisfaction is important. We strive to deliver the best service possible for all our customers, so if you are ever not 100% satisfied, please let us know.
I ordered an item using your web (and or) eBay store how long before I receive it?
If you place your order before 2PM between Monday to Friday , your order will be shipped on the same day.
Here are some average delivery times (excluding weekends and public holidays):
– Normal postage within Melbourne 2 - 3 business days
– Express postage within Melbourne 1 - 2 business days
– Normal postage around Australia 3 - 5 business days
– Express postage Around Australia 2 - 3 business days
Terms and Conditions
1. PC Australia / We / Us / Our means PC Australia (ABN: 29 075 999 058).
2. Services means all services performed by us for you or on your behalf.
3. Machine means customer’s desktop, tower, laptop, notebook, netbook, printer etc.
4. Business hours means Monday to Friday 9:30am to 5:30pm, excluding public holidays.
5. Customer / User / You means a person or business firm that requests goods or services from us.
6. Goods means all products and other goods (including any software) supplied by us to you or on your behalf.
– All of our On-Site visits are chargeable.
– We Accept EFTPOS, Cash and Direct Deposit. We only accept PayPal for online orders
– Full payment is due upon completion of services, upgrades, repairs or maintenance.
– Machine parts, hardware, or / and software that are ordered must be paid in advance.
– There is a minimum charge of $70 for On-Sites or $40 for Remote Support.
– Our service charges are hourly based which is:
– On-Site Services: $70 if problem is fixed in less than 30 minutes otherwise $100 per hour.
– Remote Support Services: $40 if problem is fixed in less than 30 minutes otherwise $60 per hour.
Parts & Service Warranty / Guarantee
– Used parts or systems have 3 months warranty from the date of purchase.
– If any warranty sticker on a PC or any other peripheral is damaged, warranty is void.
– Any physical damage to the parts caused by incorrect installation by the customer are not covered.
– Any incorrect diagnose or troubleshooting performed by our technician will be done again free of charge. Only parts will be charged if its required to correct the problem.
– We advise our customers to do their own backup before we perform any work.
– Service(s) are provided in an effort to repair, upgrade or maintain for which you request such service(s).
– Our aim is to repair your machine or maintain your system with best of our expertise. Your system or machine will not be intentionally harmed in anyway by our technician(s).
– You will not hold PC Australia or their technician(s) responsible for any claims or damages of any kind that may arise from any work performed on your faulty machine.
– The length of time varies for different problems, we can predict a completion time but this is not always guaranteed.
– You understand that PC Australia is not responsible for any data loss, which may occur as a result of work done on your machine.
– Computer service / repairs are provided as a service. There may be circumstances under which your machine cannot be repaired. It will have to be rebuilt or upgraded with your permission.
– PC Australia will only perform and provide computer services, repairs, upgrades and maintenance as requested by the customer. Our aim is to provide the highest quality of service and support.
– You authorise our technician(s) providing the service to install software e.g. operating system if required. You may lose all of your software previously installed upon completion of the service.